Thursday, June 12, 2008

the tribute: clifton

i was on the way home
messaging tom asking about tomorrow
when he told me the news

clifton had just passed away

i stared at the message in disbelief
called jiayi for more info

apparently, he died from heat exhaustion

From Wikipedia
Hyperthermia in its advanced state referred to as heat stroke or sunstroke, is an acute condition which occurs when the body produces or absorbs more heat than it can dissipate. It is usually due to excessive exposure to heat. The heat-regulating mechanisms of the body eventually become overwhelmed and unable to effectively deal with the heat, therefore the body temperature climbs uncontrollably. This is a medical emergency that requires immediate medical attention.


every few seconds my head tells me 'HUH'

im still in like total shock and disbelief

nobody i have known around my age has ever died
the truth hasnt even hit me yet
its not even close

my head is in pieces
im not thinking properly
drifting to memories
looking at the picture frame given during prog year 1
him pam and i



the last time i saw him was during FO camp
we were in the log room
teasing him about his uneven cut hair
trying to help him cut it even with our small plastic scissors
we were all laughing happily
we were alive

i cant imagine losing a friend
i cant imagine losing a son or brother
i cant imagine losing a boyfriend
i cant imagine ever losing a loved one

i entered home today feeling empty
i see no daniel greeting me by the door
i see no grandma and tri around the house
all i see is darkness and memories of them
the thing is, they've only just moved away

my biggest condolences to his family and girlfriend

roger said
life still goes on
take it easy

but can we really do that?

army is beginning to give me the creeps
super worried about for the friends entering and are in
please take care



all i can do now
is to stop myself from thinking
im spamming everything else

please let this be a terrible joke.